6 Tips for a Beach Wedding
- Accent your attire with shades of blue but keep your decor white.
- Include shells in anything from your hair, flowers, cake and table settings.
- Add a hint of blue to your wedding dress with a ribbon belt or consider dying the bottom of your dress.
- Wear a stylish wave-inspired ruffle bolero jacket.
- Dress your flower girl in a white dress with a blue ribbon belt.
- Choose flat sandals, which will work well for a walk in the sand and will be comfortable for hours of dancing.
6 Tips for a Backyard Wedding
- Find an elegant, short wedding dress that will make a statement, but still fit your backyard setting.
- Add a pop of color—like yellow—through your accessories and have your flower girl dress in a cute, yet comfortable eyelet dress.
- Your groom should accessorize with yellow as well. Sneakers add a casual, yet unexpected touch to his attire.
- Let your bridesmaids wear their favorite dresses in bright colors. They will feel comfortable and you’ll have interesting pictures. Keep their flowers the same to add uniformity.
- Give your bridesmaids a yellow enamel ring to add a bit of yellow to their looks.
- Keep the decor simple. Have a homemade dessert table and simple ceremony site.
6 Tips for an Urban Wedding
- Black and white are the perfect colors for an urban wedding.
- Wear a stylish, modern gown with a black accent like a belt. Accessorize with a crystal-studded birdcage veil and architectural heels.
- Choose a stunning black and white cake and black and white anemone bouquets to tie everything together.
- Dress your flower girl and bridesmaids in fashion-forward black dresses.
- Accent your ceremony site and reception tables with bursts of yellowish green.
- Have your groom wear a modern black suit instead of a tuxedo.
6 Tips for a Rustic Wedding
- Choose a wedding dress with a simple silhouette that has a dramatic detail.
- Find a pair of cowboy boots instead of traditional heels.
- Have your florist create different, yet similar feeling rustic bouquets for you and your maids.
- Add rustic accents to your wedding like a bark-inspired wedding cake and flower girl basket, pinecone boutonnière and lemon-strewn aisle runner.
- Have your reception in a dressed up barn. Consider a unique accent like a window frame with the table assignments written on it.
- Pick soft, flowing dresses for your ’maids and flower girl.