Thursday September 2, 2010
7 Wedding Dress Shopping Tips
- When you’re dress shopping, try not to try on any dresses that are above your budget. You don’t want to fall in love with a dress that you can’t afford.
- While you’re shopping for dresses, think about whether or not the dress is one that you’ll love looking at thirty years from now. You don’t want to look back at your wedding pictures and wonder, “What was I thinking?”
- While trying on dresses, try sitting down, lifting your arms and dancing a little. These are all things you’re going to be doing on your wedding day and you don’t want to be uncomfortable.
- Don’t be surprised by the wedding dress size that is ordered for you. You’ll typically wear a bridal gown that is one to two sizes bigger than your regular clothes.
- Always purchase your accessories after you’ve ordered your dress. If you’ve already got something that you’d like to wear (like your mom’s veil) bring it with you while dress shopping. You’ll want to make sure that it looks right with your dress.
- Remember that a dress on a model in a magazine may look completely different once you try it on, so keep an open mind and try on a variety of gown styles.
- Break in your wedding shoes before the big day. Wear them around your house so that won’t be uncomfortable on your wedding day.
- If you’re wearing a white wedding dress (not ivory or another shade of off-white), pack a piece of chalk in your emergency kit to cover any marks you might get on your dress.