Monday October 3, 2011
The Bolero is the New Hot Wedding Dresses Accessory
Allesandra Designs has launched its debut collection of couture boleros and capelets, an exquisite selection of handloomed knitwear made from an exclusive Italian yarn styled for the better bridal and evening wear markets to wear over wedding dresses.
Allesandra Designs feature:
- An exclusive, fur-like yarn imported from Tuscany. Very few companies in the world work with this rare and delicate Italian yarn.
- Dazzling Swarovski and high-quality rhinestone crystal buttons are the ‘signature’ embellishment.
- Customized, one-of-a-kind garment – choose the style, color and buttons to match your bridal or evening attire.
- Manufacturing in the U.S. – this allows for exceptional, full-fashioned styling while retaining localized quality control.
- 6 different styles of capelets and boleros that are available in 8 different colors.
- 15 different style of rhinestone and crystal buttons.
“I once read that the word “passion” was a favorite of the late actress, Elizabeth Taylor,” says Designer Sandra Cox. “I’ve always believed in the importance of following your passion and am excited to pursue mine – to explore my creativity and interest in design with my love of yarn, fabric, texture and color.”
Ms. Cox realized her dream one cool summer evening a few years ago while attending a cousin’s wedding. It was at this outdoor summer event that the idea for Allesandra Designs came to her. She noticed the bride was wearing her new husband’s jacket draped over her shoulders to keep warm.
Needless to say, her beautiful white wedding gown was covered up with an oversized, black tuxedo jacket. Ms. Cox thought about the fact that for formal occasions, the attire for a man generally includes a shirt, vest and jacket. Women, on the other hand, will wear a formal dress or gown with no cover up so as not to take away from their gown. Or, they simply don’t know what to wear over the gown.
That is when the idea for Allesandra Designs began to develop.
Allesandra Designs range in price from $235-299 and are available online at www.allesandradesigns.com.